Sunday, June 24, 2012

DonorsChoose.org

This past year I had my first experience with DonorsChoose.org.  I had no prior knowledge of this site. One day at my bank, the teller found out I was a teacher and handed me a gift card from the bank.  It was worth $25 that she said I could use towards any one of my schools.  That was not quite true.  I could use it towards any one of my schools as long as one of the teachers at that school had a project up on DonorsChoose.org.
For those of you who are not familiar with this site, here is an informative video.
DonorsChoose.org introduction

I quickly navigated through the site, found a project from a colleague of mine at one of my schools, and donated the $25.  DonorsChoose is becoming very popular and is probably being used by a teacher at your school.  In my next blog post discussing DonorsChoose.org, I will explore ways the website is being used.

Do you think DonorsChoose.org is a Web2.0 tool?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't find any teachers from school but I found one from the elementary school down the road. That is so cool that you can donate money to help a teacher. The teacher at Linthicum Heights is raising money for a new carpet which is needed very much since they use the carpet everyday.

    ReplyDelete